Our fiscal year runs from September 1 – August 31. Each June ministry plans for the next year, along with a supporting budget, are submitted by ministry leaders. After review by the Finance Committee and the Council, the plans and budget are presented for a vote at a congregational meeting in August.
Sherman Street has five budgeted funds:
- General Fund: Church ministries, building operations, and salaries.
- Building Fund: Larger improvements to the church building – we are currently saving for a renovated kitchen.
- Christian School Variance Fund: Provides assistance to families who would like to provide a Christian education for their children.
- Missions Fund: Provides support for our missionaries – we currently have 9 missionaries who serve throughout the world.
- Step of Faith: Church ministries of our sister congregation.
In addition, we also have a Benevolence Fund which provides financial assistance to individuals and families in the church and in our neighborhood.